Thursday, November 10, 2016

Signing Off

I'm shutting down Thoughts4Change.  Tuesday's election results have left me in a state of shock.  I'll be back with another blog on a topic at least slightly different than politics.  But WTF, people?!?  Did you seriously buy into what The Donald was selling?  Do you really think that racism, misogyny, and economic elitism will help America move forward?

In response to that, I want to leave you with a statement regarding love of country and democracy that none of the Trumpies could hope ever to match.

One of the happiest days of my life was when I became an American.  Tolerance,religious freedom, equality to all people. I am not giving up. Our values as Americans are bigger than one election.  Help us God 

That's from one of my former students, a young Muslim woman originally from Dhaka in Bangladesh.  IMHO, she's a far better American than most on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment